German Shepherd Rescue Elite is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration reference Z3468802.
Our data protection policy sets out our commitment to protecting personal data, with regard to collection and use.
To facilitate the above, we are committed..
- To comply with the eight data protection principles1
- To meet our obligations as stipulated in the Data Protection Act: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/contents
- To ensure that collected data is used fairly and lawfully
- To process personal data to meet our operational needs and fulfil legal requirements
- To determine that all personal data is up to date, accurate and compatible to requirements
- To take care that the rights of data subjects are fittingly respected, including attention to fundraising activities
- To protect personal data with adequate security measures in place
- To nominate volunteer representatives to be responsible for data protection compliance
- To ensure volunteer representatives are aware of good practice in data handling
- To provide a point of contact in personal data protection
- To take care that queries about data protection, internal and external to GSRE (German Shepherd Rescue Elite), are dealt with effectively, promptly and with discretion
- To review data protection procedures and guidelines within the organisation, when appropriate.
1 DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless:
a. At least one of the conditions in Schedule 2 is met and
b. In the case of sensitive personal date, at least one of hte conditions in Schedule 3 is also met
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.